January 14, 2008

The Golden Globes: Brilliant but Cancelled...

...not brilliant despite being cancelled, as we had to endure a Solid Gold set and commentary by Billy Bush (cuz to thee prez) and Nancy O'Dell. Honestly, I watched for approximately three minutes and pulled a writers strike of my own. I love the Golden Globes, but could not bear to see them go down this way. I hate to say it, and I never thought I'd bear witness in my lifetime, but the Golden Globes have "jumped the shark." And although, as I've said, I did not bare witness (and actually went to bed with a giant Golden Globe sized headache), I've read that some of the other networks announced all the winners as NBC slogged on through to the bitter end. Ha!
For those of you who did not watch (everyone) here's the run down:
Best Motion Picture - Drama
Atonement

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Julie Christie - Away From Her
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Daniel Day Lewis - There Will Be Blood

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Marion Cotillard - La Vie En Rose

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Johnny Depp - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Cate Blanchett - I'm Not There

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Javier Bardem - No Country For Old Men

Best Animated Feature Film
Ratatouille

Best Foreign Language Film
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Best Director - Motion Picture
Julian Schnabel - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
No Country For Old Men - Ethan and Joel Coen
Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Atonement - composed by Dario Marianelli

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
"Guaranteed" - Into the Wild (music & lyrics by Eddie Vedder)

Best Television Series - Drama
Mad Men

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama
Glenn Close - Damages
Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama
Jon Hamm - Mad Men
Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Extras
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Tina Fey - 30 Rock
Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
David Duchovny - Californication

To view the rest of the list and the competition visit the Hollywood Foreign Press Association website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for posting the results for me.. because I forgot I cared and then I read them and cared a wee bit.